Deborah Gyapong: Great post by Carolyn Arends

Great post by Carolyn Arends


Check out the great posts at Canadian Authors Who Are Christian.

I especially enjoyed this one from Canadian singer and writer Carolyn Arends:

I have a confession to make. Recently, I threw out three boxes worth of my kids’ Sunday School crafts. I felt heartless and vaguely evil. But really, one can only store so much fun foam in a single house.

Though I tried to be ruthless, there was one piece of art I was compelled to rescue from the recycle bin. My daughter made it in 2004, when she was three.

Bethany was excited the day she brought her “worship” craft home from church. It had involved cutting out and colouring pre-supplied pictures of children engaged in four different acts of worship, and then gluing those pictures onto the sheet. (OK, that’s not much of a craft, but she was three. You were expecting decoupage?)

She was particularly proud of this assignment because of the gluing part. Bethany really, really, really likes to glue things. I think she may have a future in adhesives.
Read the rest here.

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

« Home